The Student

PART C:

During my time in creative writing there has been many times that we would be writing that my mind just disappeared into a world of imagination called writing. Lots of my writing inspiration and ideas have came from writers seminars/guests, in class writing sessions, and just listening to others share their work. Every time that we would be doing emulations or writing something based off what was given I always had wonderful ideas that came to mind. Each time that we did this I noticed that I tend to have the same kind of theme of either about, this new generation, what the world is missing, or happy ideas. This gave me the “Aha” moment of what I want to write more about.

As a reader I have accomplished to widen my genres of what I read, which was hard. I had a great variety of reading choices that I picked and I enjoyed trying out new readings to help me find new ways to write. The best book that I read this semester has to be The Happiness Project because I had so much to reflect within my life after reading what someone else did to make her life more enjoyable to live in. It gave me hope that everyone will be able to reach a sense of happiness in their lives and the world will change for the better. My reading from this semester has impacted my writing, since I am able to see examples from different writers on how they reflect their ideas to the world.

I plan to read/finish The Handmaid’s Tale then afterwards find books that intrigue me to continue to write and read.

As a new writer the next steps that I will be doing to improve my work will be to read more works whether that be blogs, books, or poetry, and soak in new methods to strengthen my voice and writing .

Photo URL:

Skip to toolbar