Reading Ladder May

Book Rate Chart:

(*)= not good; forget about it

(**)= decent; might not read it again

(***)= enjoyed it; would read it if had nothing else to read

(****)= was really good; stuck in my mind

(*****)= PHENOMENAL; would read it anytime

Reading calculations:

9 pages per day

92/313 pages

Rate: (**) 2/5

Summary: 

This book is about a young man who leaves home to go on adventures across the seas and faces many storms and failures. He is told by the ship’s captain that he is not worthy of being a seaman, he is too ashamed to go back to his father so he hops on another ship to continue his travels.   

Comments: 

My thoughts about this book from what I have read is that it has a great story line; however, I was unable to stay focus while reading due to the long sentences and difficult wording. The phrases and continuation of “I’s” made it hard to have an interested to continue reading. I wouldn’t read this book in the future since I wasn’t able to indulge my mind to read it. Since I did not enjoy this book, even though it had a great story behind it, I would rate this book a 2(**) out of 5. 

Future Book Goals:

For my June goal I will be reading one book this month and I will be aiming to read 10 pages a day, so that I can still make my reading skill better. The book I am going to read will be The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.

Skip to toolbar